25 March, cycle 2A – lockdown, day 8

My white blood cells rose a smidge this morning due to the Granix injection yesterday. I’ll probably see a more noticeable jump by tomorrow or the next day. Looks like we’ve got another pretty day in store – there was fog early this morning but most of it has burned off and it’s just a bit hazy at the moment. More time in my sunbeam, yay! The sunny days really help to lift my mood but they make me restless at the same time. All I want to do right now is to get out into the fresh air, park my butt on our back patio, listen to the birds, and just zone out. A walk around Landa Park would be welcome also – I could sit next to the springs and listen to the water rushing out from underground. Pure bliss.

Wow. Well, that was unpleasant. I was feeling pretty good, and then suddenly I wasn’t. I began feeling really weak and dizzy just as I started my shower and struggled to hold myself together enough to finish without passing out. Thankfully this time I had the sense to use my shower chair so I could rest while drying myself off and getting dressed. This has happened before but not during this cycle. Not sure what caused the sudden dive in energy but I suspect it may be the sudden secession of the steroids that I was being given during the last of the chemo. Nasty things, steroids. Anyway, I was able to get dressed and then curled up for about an hour’s nap and I’m feeling a good deal better now. I still hope to be able to do my walkies this afternoon – I’ll just have to wait and see how I feel.

Holy crap. There are a bunch of clowns out in the unit hallway banging about, smacking into sh*t, bellowing at each other and making a helluva noise in general. Must be maintenance. 🙄

Nine laps around the unit. I finally did my walkies and was able to finish without being too out of breath, though I did stop fairly frequently to chat with the nursing staff. One of the head nurses has told me that somewhere in the 12-15 lap range equals a mile but I wasn’t feeling that ambitious today. Dr. Santiago is fond of telling me about a patient of his who once clocked nine MILES in the unit. That’s 117-126 laps, roughly. Umm, nope! I already feel like I’m on a stupid hamster wheel while walking the floor and that many laps would be mind-numbingly tedious. Having said that, I would like to clock at least one mile every day just to keep up my strength. My lower back is finally beginning to complain about the thin hospital mattress and the more exercising I do, the better off I’ll feel.